Thursday, February 11, 2010

Your Friends are the Family you choose for yourself

I read somewhere a few months ago that your friends are the family you choose for yourself. This is such a profound and true statement for true friends do become more like family than friends. Friends also many many times are more active and supportive in your life than your birth family is. This is so especially true when your friendship is based on God's word and His plans and teachings. I had a traditional family 1 dad, 1 mom, 1 brother, 4 grand parents, several aunts and uncles, and many cousins. However, I have not always felt the love or support from my family that I did from my friends. I have always been involved in church. I was the kid that was there every service and several times in between. The church office, library, fellowship hall, nursery and class rooms became my play areas as much as my bedroom or back yard. I spent many hours entertaining myself when Dad or Mom had a meeting as I got older I even did homework while they were at a meeting or teaching a Bible Study. Perhaps, this is where my love for being at church or working at the church comes from. Thru the churches we went to I have had numerous sets of granparents or aunts or uncles even a few 2nd moms. I have always loved being with the older people and hearing them talk about their lives. I loved being the PK because of the love I felt from the older ladies that I never really felt from my grandparents. I thank God for all the people He put in my life to fill the void my blood family left in a young girl's life and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment