Monday, February 8, 2010

Looking out from the bowl

I have said for years that living in the ministry is like living in a fishbowl. Think about what we know about fishbowls. First the fish are on display and everyone knows what they are doing and there are certain expectations for the different kinds of fish towards their behavior, etc...The minister's family lives in a fishbowl of the church. We are always expected to be available and are always on display. There is a set way the minister's family is expected to act and be. Just as you only want the most colorful fish in a bowl the pastors family is to be the best dressed.

2 comments:

  1. I lived in that fish bowl for years girl. I totally get it!!!

    I'm so glad you will be joining us for this study. I pray that through it you come to know God in more real and intimate ways.

    If you have any questions or comments from week 1, be sure to email me by Friday, Feb. 12th at jenifer@byhisgraceministry.com

    May God continue to bless you as you see after Him!

    By His Grace,
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I'm not good at being the pastors wife...my shoes NEVER match my dress. Sad.

    ReplyDelete